Thursday, August 16, 2007

A little history...

Since were starting this blog a little behind I figured I would journal a little about our pregnancy and the birth of Mia Noel and Jacob Nolan.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On July 17th, 2006 our lives were changed forever. We received a call from our doctor telling us that we were pregnant. We were ecstatic!! This wasnt an easily conceived pregnancy but a journey of hope and perserverence. We waited month after month hoping and praying that our prayer had been heard and answered. Six months before we finally conceived the Lord gave us this verse "Though it may linger; wait for it. It will certainly come and will not delay" Habakuk 2:3 We knew when we received these words that the Lord would fulfill this desire of our hearts, we just didnt know when and how much of it He would.

August 1, 2006 we woke up early very excited for our first ultrasound. Dr. Lin quickly showed us our babys heartbeat and then right next to it was another little heart beating away, TWINS!! We couldnt believe it!! After all these months of waiting, hoping and praying we were going to have two babies. Already our sweet babies had made our life rich.

Exactly 8 weeks pregnant morning sickness kicked in. However not only was it morning sickness it was afternoon, evening and night sickness. We figured it was worse because we had twice the hormones pumping through me. Our marriage became more intimate then we could ever imagine.....John was constantly holding my hair back and ready with water and a towel twenty four hours a day. The interesting thing was I couldnt stay full, constantly hungry John was running for my every craving and desire only to abandon it in the bathroom minutes later.

October 2006, Its a BOY and a GIRL!! Plans for the nursery were completed, room painted and furniture assembled. We are ahead of the game!! ...and then the high risk pregnancy kicked in. I was at work and headed out to order lunch. I had just turned 13 weeks pregnant and was excited that we were in our second trimester, hoping and praying that now the morning sickness would start to go away. On my way to lunch I started to feel some trickling which became heavier very quickly. I pulled into Pick Up Stix and ran to the restroom, our worst fear....there was blood. I was told to go straight to Saddleback Memorial and our high risk OB would meet us there, praise God we had 2 strong heart beats and the bleeding was not effecting them. That was my last day of work and I was ordered to bedrest for the duration of the pregnancy.

November 2006, My days have become very boring. I sleep in late to help the day go by faster and then lounge on the couch all day. We have weekly doctors visits to check on the babies and are hoping to avoid a hospital stay until they arrive. By the end of this month our OB, Dr. Masaki determines that I'm having cervical changes. This is very early to be having any changes so I'm admitted to the hospital 2 days before my baby shower. Dr. Masaki assures us that he will discharge me on Friday and I can go to my baby shower on Saturday. Friday morning comes and he thinks it will be better to remain in the hospital over the weekend on strict bedrest...not even up to use the restroom!! Our baby shower goes on without us, but family and friends join us after the shower to open all of Jacob and Mia's gifts. We are so blessed and spoiled!

December 4th, 2006, we are discharged from the hospital!! Our bed at home has never felt so good before!! Dr. Masaki assures us that it will only be weeks until I'm admitted again but to enjoy being home on strict bedrest. I'm allowed to shower every other day and can only go from our bed to the couch, not even up for a meal. Our contraction monitor arrives and must be connected to my BIG belly twice a day to monitor for contractions. Turns out I'm having a couple contractions an hour which they say is normal for a multiples pregnancy. We make it to Christmas and celebrate at home with family. We can't wait for next Christmas when we will have two little ones crawling around and I can get up and walk!

December 30, 2006, we purchase our first family SUV. It seats 8 and has a lot of room for strollers, strollers and more strollers :)

December 31, 2006, we celebrate New Years Eve with my Mom and Dad and a lot of friends and family. Today we are 28 weeks which is vital to the survival of twins. We have made it to a huge milestone. Praying we can push on to 30 weeks.

January 2007, Its hard to believe that this year our babies will be born. Its still very surreal to us. We have an appt on January 2nd and I'm measuring over 42 weeks which is past full term for a normal pregnancy. John has to help me off the couch now and help me roll over in bed. Our appts are going great, Dr. Masaki is impressed that we are doing so well and thinks we can make it to 34 weeks.

February 2007, Were 32 weeks pregnant!! We never thought we would make it this far and are so thankful that we have. God is good and has covered this pregnancy and the health of our babies with His mighty hand of protection.

No comments: