Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Photobucket
Today is our 3 year wedding annivesary. John spent the day at home with us.. not because we wanted to celebrate at home in the middle of a very busy work week for him but because our sweet Jacob shared his cold with his Daddy...and Daddy got it 10fold. What I think should have been a day of pampering for me..(anyone with 2 toddlers knows this doesnt exist) was a day of chasing our sweet ones around the house (who by the way have totally given up their afternoon nap so thats 11:30am until 7:30pm that mommy spends chasing and cleaning up mess after mess) and letting my husband nap all day, making several small meals and running to the grocery store for sudafed, tylenol, nyquil...pretty much anything to ease every ache and pain. However it was also a day spent at home reflecting on this amazing journey in our marriage and our family.

*I loved him from the first time he called me to arrange a date and was so concerned about what kinds of food I liked and didnt like.
*I loved that in our courtship he always picked me up even if it was completely out of his way and made no sense.
*I love that he has always brought me flowers for no particular reason.
*I love that his walk with God comes first before our walk together.
*I love that he used my sunday school preschooles to propose to me.
*I love that in the midst of his brothers untimely death he sacrificed everything to care for me with a broken foot and surgical pin for 6 weeks.
*I love that from our beginning we talked, laughed and dreamed about the day our childs laughter would fill our home
*I love that the day we found out it would be very difficult for us to have a baby he sat with me and cried.
*I love that as we started our journey to having a family his excitement, hope and steadfast knowledge we would be successful kept me positive.
*I love that on July 17, 2006 he shouted with joy that we were pregnant!!
*I love that the day we discovered we were having twins and heard their heartbeats only excitement shined through him.
*I love that when we were first told it was 2 girls he was thrilled.
*I love that when complications in our pregnancy developed he was so sure that these two would be born perfect.
*I love that for 20 weeks while I was on bedrest he ran home everyday to bring me lunch, left me love notes with my breakfast and waited on my every request.
*I love that he gave me back rubs every night of my pregnancy.
*I love that when we heard Mia's first cry tears ran down his mask.
*I love that its his calm and patient touch that could calm the kids through our months of colic.
*I love that he will sit up all night with a sick baby.
*I love that he has always let me sleep every morning and gets up with them no matter how early it is.
*I love that he was the first one to figure out how to feed them both in the middle of the night so that I could sleep.
*I love that both of my babies call out for "Daddeeee" every morning.
*I love that every time he watches John & Kate +8 he wants 6 more kids!!
*I love that he already has names picked out and talks about what it will be like with one or two more!!
*I love that he calls me to ask how the kids are doing and then always asks how I'm doing.

I love that he is the desire of my heart... (Psalm 37:4)

4 comments:

Cassandra Raney said...

So beautifully written.... made me tear up. Happy Anniversary!!!

Lisa said...

That was wonderful...happy belated anniversary! Hope you are all feeling better!

ellegirl said...

What a wonderful man God chose for you! Happy Anniversary!!

Cyn said...

Happy Anniversary Pascuas. Beautiful love note to a deserving man. It's so fun to keep up with the twins and your family through your blog Andrea. Thank you for visiting mine. I miss you guys also. Hope to see you soon. Love, Cynthia