
On Tuesday morning Mia and Jacob thought it would be fun to toss their mommies cell phone in their water table. That should have been the first signal of how the rest of the day would proceed. Later that morning Jacob started to come down with a low grade fever, no problem...mommy put her nurse 'hat' on monitored his fever all morning, nothing more than 99.8, gave him some tylenol and then put him down for a nap. A Physician meeting was scheduled for an hour during the kids nap time so my in-laws came over to hang out while they napped. Like every other day I'm typically back home before they wake up and they have no idea mommy is even missing.
Mommy leaves for her meeting, house is quiet and settled. Meeting goes very well..mommy starts to head back home by side-streets, only 15 minutes. Half way home...I start to get panicky, sweaty hands, pounding heart....I'm just being paranoid but as soon as I get home I'll feel so much better...its just my mind getting the best of me...right??...or is this mommy intuition.
I run the last 2 stop signs to our house and as soon as I pull down our street I see my moms car at then end of the driveway. Thats when I fell apart because my mom should be at her school on a Tuesday at 1:00pm (remember I had no cell thanks to Mia and Jacob) Neighbors are collected outside and talking, my mom runs out and tells me Jacob has been taken by Paramedics to the Hospital, they think he has had a seizure. I don't know about you but this was the scariest moment of my life!! The thought that replayed over and over was "I should have been with him, he needed me and I was gone" How is that for mommy guilt??
Jacob had woken up 45 min after I left, his Lola went in to get him and he immediately started having a seizure. On arrival the paramedics said his temperature was 103.8, because he had gone from 99.8 to 103.8 in less than 45 minutes a pediatrics response will most always be to seize.
I rushed to the hospital to be at his side and will never forget the fear in his eyes, everything in me wanted to scoop him up and protect him, but they wouldnt let me.
Praise God they were able to run many tests, get his seizures under control and send him home with close mommy observation.....(like I was going to leave his side again!!)
2 comments:
Oh wow... how incredibly scary! So glad your little man is okay now. I can't even imagine your fear... I always worry about seizures when they boys have fevers. Jude had a 103 temp for 72 hours at one point but the doctors were not worried... said it is common! Craziness!
I am so glad to hear that Jacob was okay! You have a great story to tell him when he gets older :)
Post a Comment