Monday, January 11, 2010

The LONGEST POST YET (Part 1)December 2009 catch-all.....

Serioulsy the longest post of 2009...and its only Part 1, which is actually wrapping up our busiest month of the year. We like to look back at our past Christmas with the 'twinks'. They loved everything about it so much and are still asking if Christmas is done. They love hearing the nativity story and now were moving on and slowly introducing the story of Easter! Watching their minds grasp the birth of our savior and now His death so that we could spend eternity with Him is amazing. What a blessing it is to parent these two!

It was Mia and Jacob's first year actually loving their holiday pajamas, so excited every night to put them on!


We painted ornaments and made snowflakes!



...and gumdrop christmas trees!


...and bundled up (southern california style)for some fun playdates!


Christmas Lights!






....and in between busy holiday activities I walked in to find an activity they put together all by themselves..ha!



we even escaped to an adult holiday party hosted by my work.


The kids loved every detail of decorations this year, and if I happened to change something around my very detail oriented little boy noticed without skipping a beat!




Jacob decided since he didnt have a pony at home that he would use his sister and vice versa...seriously I have no idea where they come up with this stuff...ha!



We had dinner and decorated cookies, sang carols and exchanged wide elephant gifts with our small group at our Pastor's house...






Our church hosted a winter wonderland night at the town center!
Mia and Jacob both loved this mile high slide! They even went by themselves a few times!

It snowed!!

Our very own Brook James leading us in Christmas Carols!

2 comments:

Simone Knepper said...

1. Your house looks beautiful: your christmas decorating has always inspired me!
2. I love that you do so many fun christmas activities with them: sweet memories that they'll treasure forever.
3. I just LOVE your kids!

kara-kae james said...

That Brook James guy is CUTE :)

I looooove all the pics of your Christmas with the kiddos. I'm so looking forward to that!! And your house looked amazing!