Dear Mia,
I can't believe that you will turn 3 at 11:45am today. You my sweetheart have given me the best years of my life. At times it still seems like a dream that I have a daughter, but not just any daughter I have you! From the moment I learned that I was pregnant I prayed that one of my babies would be a girl. I didn't want to miss out on the relationship that Nana and I have and I'm so thankful everyday for everything you bring to my life.
Watching you grow and change these last 3 years is amazing. We knew even in pregnancy that you were a feisty one. Every time we got to peak at you (almost every week) on ultrasound you were waving to us and showing us everything you could do...and you haven't stopped 3 years later.
At 4lbs 3oz and 6 weeks early you let out a scream at 11:45 am to announce your arrival, the sweetest sound I have ever heard. You demanded all the nurses attention at the hospital for 3 weeks and made it known to everyone even in the NICU that you were going to do things your way and go home when you were good and ready but not before then..ha!
We fell in love with you instantly! You are so much like mommy and daddy its scary! You have no problem telling us where you want to go and what you want to do and if its not in your plans for the day you have no problem telling us that too! I love that not only are you independent but you like to have Mommy with you and close because I know soon there will be a day when you wont need to be in my arms or holding my hand that extra couple minutes until you take everything around you in.
You love to 'mother' Jacob and all your babies! You want to help mommy cook everything and you love to paint! You love to dance for us and you started your first ballerina and tap dance class in January.
Jacob is your best friend and you can't stand to be separated from him. I can't even explain the relationship that you two have with each other, nothing seems to do it justice, but I pray that it will always be like this. You can make each other laugh like no one else can and no one is your biggest cheerleader like Jacob is! Its simply amazing and beautiful!
Most importantly you love Jesus and you love to tell us that He loves you most of all, and that He loves mommy, daddy, Jacob, nana, papa, Lola, Lolo....the list goes on! I love that your heart is so sensitive to learning about Him and that you ask us to pray with you every night. I'm so humbled to watch the work Jesus is doing in you and the plans He has for you!
You are the light of my life sweetheart, the laughter in my heart and I will always be so humbled and blessed to be called your mommy! Happy Birthday my love!
(stay tuned for my letter to my sweet boy that holds my heart in the palm of his tiny little grip)
2 comments:
so precious
Happy BIRTHday, beautiful Mia!
Post a Comment