

Dear Jacob Nolan,
This post has been a long time coming sweet boy, the last few weeks since you've turned 3 have been spent cuddling, rocking and sleeping, how I cherish holding and rocking you just like I did all those days in the NICU...all 18 of them! We've all been sick and because of your asthma you tend to get a little sicker then the rest of us. So we've had lots of cuddling and snuggling!
I look at you in unbelief today because there is no way that you can be 3 years old. How did the last 3 years go by in such a blur? How have you gone to being 3lbs in my arms to telling me, "I love you mother bear"... You love your Little Bear show so much and it just completely reflects the softness and sweetness of your heart and personality.
Daddy and I were so fortunate to watch you on so many ultrasounds while God knitted you together in my womb. You were always curled up and had your face turned away from us snuggling and so comfortable and relaxed. It amazes me that your same personality holds true today, you still love to cuddle and snuggle in your bed (with your face snuggled into your blankets just like when I was pregnant with you..mommy keeps moving them away and you go right back to them!) You like to stay back and watch everyone before interacting, you have to have your BIG sister with you at all times..except for when you are sleeping and you love to sleep!!
I'm so blessed to be your mommy and I will never stop praising God for giving me this amazing little boy who I know will be a warrior for God in a mighty way! You are so loving, compassionate and polite. I dont think many people have met a 2 and now 3 year old boy that says please, thank you and bless you all the time. They look at you in amazement where ever we are and I beam at your sweet spirit!
Your little face and soft voice holds my heart in the palm of your little hand! I love that we have the same hands and feet..mostly because thats all you got from me as far as characteristics go...you are all your Daddy! Your smile and giggle makes my heart soar.
My favorite time of day is when I tuck you in and then you whisper, "rock me mama" the sweetest request ever, we rock and then you ask me to sing you lullaby or Jesus loves me. I tuck away those precious moments in my heart because as fast as the last 3 years have gone by and my baby has become a boy. I know the next 3 will come just as fast.
Thank you sweetheart for making me so proud and humbled to be your Mother Bear.
With all my heart,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment