Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hospital Memories...

A couple weeks ago I headed down the all too familiar road to Saddleback Memorial Hospital...for an amazing celebration of birth, my best friend of 17 years gave birth to her twins...we share so much and now we share double blessings..boy/girl twins!!!

As I walked through the same doors to the women's hospital, memories came flooding back. These are the very same doors that I came through during my pregnancy at 13 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks and then a long hospital stay 22 weeks, we were so scared that we were going to lose our babies. The NICU staff wouldnt even talk to us because they felt that if I delivered they wouldnt be able to save our babies. It was a time that I clearly remember flooding the feet of my God with tears, pleading that he would protect our son and daughter. Worshipping without restraint and surrending my heart completely to His will. 10 weeks after I was discharged we returned through the same doors to give birth to our daughter and son.

As I waited in a small waiting room to see these beautiful new arrivals I realized that the room right next door to me was the exact same room I was in 18 months earlier. It was empty so I walked right into the room, it was quiet, nothing had changed but everything had changed. As I stood there I remembered so clearly the song that John and I had worshipped to every day and night while we were there (see below) and while the chorus played in my mind the images of Mia and Jacob smiling, giggling, talking, walking and everything else in between in this last year sent chills through my body. Gods will had perservered even when my body had started to fail, His strength sustained my weaknesses, His healing touch gave life to our son and daughter. There is a will to be done in their lives a purpose they are too fulfill and a perfect plan He will see through to fruition. I'm so blessed to have had that moment back in our room to reflect in His perfect plan.
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is the song by Casting Crowns that I listened to in my headphones all day and night in this hospital room.

No comments: