So I've been on the search for one for awhile now, always hoping I would happen across the perfect one at a boutique, antique shop or even Home Goods... no such luck and trust me I've been on the look out.
So I just decided that I would make one myself and add my own personal touch...it was cheap and so easy!
I found this frame at Home Goods in the clearance section...seriously it was $8 because the glass was missing...which was so perfect because I didnt want the glass anyways :) I loved the antiqued patina around the edges and even better the burlap material matted around my now chalkboard!!

grab some chalkboard paint and a little disposable tray and roller (I'm already thinking of other things I can do with this chalkboard paint..ha!)

tape down the burlap material/matting and roll on a couple layers. Literally I would walk out to the backyard every hour and it took me 5 minutes to put on another layer.

i L-O-V-E it!! I had a little sign that I thought was cute hanging on the end of it too! Its in our entryway right next to our front door which I like since its the last thing you look at as you walk out the door. I had a couple different verses or choruses that I was going to write on it but as I got out some chalk I started writing this, I love how the spirit prompts us with something that I know didnt come from my heart. He is so worthy of our praise!!
even better, hubby loved it too :)
2 comments:
love your chalkboard...you are very creative!
Love it andrea! I have been wanting to turn a little table I have into a chalkboard top....perhaps I will have to do it now after seeing how easy it is! ;-)
Post a Comment